Course:Introduction to the Internet
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to understand and demonstrate proficiency in the following topics:
- PC BASICS: An introduction to hardware, software and common PC terms;keyboard practice, mouse
- THE EXPLORER: Using the Explorer, using the Explorer menus and toolbar;
using disk drives and folders; creating, copying, moving and deleting folders
- BROWSING: How to navigate both the Intranet and Internet using the toolbar and address bar of the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 browser; How to use links.
- ACCESSING THE INTERNET: Getting to the Internet through site resources.
- ENHANCED BROWSING: Using the browser to print web pages; Organize favorite sites; Set a home page; Manage temporary files.
- INTRODUCTION TO WINDOWS APPLICATIONS: Quick introduction to Microsoft
Word; how to print a document
None, but preferrably with some typing skills.
Max Students Allowed:9